Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Miyazaki

Man...I just watched the most depressing movie I've seen in a while. It was a Miyazaki movie just like Spirited Away but geez, it was awful because it was good. It was Grave of the Fireflies. I didn't think it would be that sad or maybe that it even would be happy. But no it was a war film. About a boy and his little sister struggling to survive after their mother is killed in an air raid by US planes. It's terrible. And then it gets worse when the boy finds out that his father died in the war and he was left alone to tkae care of his sister. I guess I should have known that I shouldn't expect anything very happy when it started with the boy's death making the entire movie one big flashback. Although, I was thinking that it couldn't be that bad considering it is a Miyazaki film and all of his films have wierd things happening and things being okay in the end even if they aren't perfect. Boy was I really wrong. Ah, well. I need to do something to lift my spirits. Too bad what really faces me is exercise and homework. Oh joy.

Self

No comments: