Friday, April 25, 2008

National Day of Silence

Yay!
Some way to make an impact on those surrounding us! I love the GLBTQ community and those involved with it! Some Christians would have conniptions if they heard a professing and practicing Christian say that. As if I can't love gays and be Christian. Pish-posh!

So far today has gone pretty well. I made a few mistakes by making little confirmatory noises and things but otherwise, I've been okay.

One of the not so good things is that I just had a conversation with a friend of mine via texting. He is also Christian but doesn't seem to feel the same way I do about homosexuality. I told him I could talk to him because of DOS but he said the day is pointless and made the comment that no one would know why we are silent if we couldn't talk. As if we are stupid enough to have a day of silence to show people that discrimination against LGBTQ is going on and needs to be stopped without telling people why we are having the day. The conversation stopped after I told him we aren't stupid.

This makes me wonder if I'm all alone in my thoughts concerning how Christians should be. I personally think that there is nothing wrong with gays. Gays are people, it's just another classification. That's all. However, I am aware of what the Bible says so I cannot deny that is says that homosexuality is a sin. Unfortunately, most people stop there. They don't go on the rest of the list (as homosexuality is always placed in a list of other things considered sin by God) and attempt to condemn those people. If everyone is a sinner, then while only hate homosexuals? Shouldn't you hate all sinners if you are going to do that? Yeah, you should. If we were to do that then there would be no religion. What I feel Christians should do is accept everyone. Accept everyone for all of their short comings. God calls us to love not to hate. There should be no such thing as a non-gay-affirming church. No church should not accept someone regardless of what that person has done whether kill a little kid or simply love someone of the same gender.

I've had a conversation before with the same friend I was texting. He questioned me of whether or not I thought that a person could be born GBLTQ. I told him that truly thought that it doesn't matter as all are sinners in the first place but that it was highly possible based solely off of Biblical truths. Everyone knows that sin is in the flesh. And that Satan has power over this world. Also, flesh is of this world. Therefore, Satan has power over flesh which houses our minds from which our sexual orientation comes. If people can be born with a tendency to be angry/have a quick temper then why couldn't they have a genetic predisposition to be gay?

But none of that matters. We are all children of God and loved by God. We as Christians are attempting to love just as God loves and should therefore extend that love to everyone.

I think that I would like to have offspring just to have someone know and understand that people are people are people, regardless of sexual orientation or any thing else that makes us all so wonderfully different as determined by God the Father.

I think I can come off of my soap box now. I could talk about LGBTQ issues all day! I wish I could run into one of those sign toting protesters who don't know just how much God really loves everyone.

Self

No comments: