Tuesday, September 23, 2008

AWA

I went to AWA (Anime Weekend Atlanta) last weekend and it was amazing! I had fun with people I didn't know and might not see again. I love it when I'm surrounded by nonconventional people. It's so comforting. Especailly so at conventions. You walk around and quickly inhale and pull out your camera because a really awesome real life version of your favorite charater just walked by. You stop them for a picture and others join you sparking a mini photo shoot. You go back and join your group only to stop again when one of your friends sees another awesome cosplayer or is considered one herself. I love that this behavior is normal. Completely and totally normal. God I love me. Being odd or wierd is a good excuse to do whatever you please. No action can be abnormal because you yourself are abnormal. It's really cool and rocks. Sigh, I love me and my wierdness. Although, my offball self has led me into poverty as I spent almost $200 which I don't really have on the weekend. And not only that but I wish to repeat this poverty next year. God I love it. I even got to try on a corset. It was fun and amazingly comfortable once I adjusted to the change in breathing. But I think I would have wanted to punch the man had he made it tighter. It was really cute though! I feel great that I can choose to wear a corset and not have to worry about social convention commanding me to. Gotta love women's lib. And homework which I have neglected. Man this post is very stream-of-consciousness.

luvs!
self

No comments: