Monday, September 29, 2008

Good News and Bad News

Who ever coined the sayikng "No news is good news"? I'd like to personally stab him/her/it in the face. And kick him/her/it a bit while they wallow on the ground in pain.

Good news first (it's not enough to really cheer anyone up after the bad): The bailout bill failed to pass the House.

Bad news second:
the DOW fell 777pts
Whacovia was bought out by Citigroup.

However, this second bad point isn't so bad. I still have money and there's no need for me to go rushing to the bank right now. I would say I have faith in the FDIC but you can only trust this messed up government so far. I don't think that in a major bank failure that the government would have enough money (how BIG is our national debt now?) to truly guarantee all the deposits. I have a feeling that It would pick and choose who to give money back to if it came to it. I wonder how much Bill Gates would have?

On a happier note, (I just thought of The Pursuit of Happyness) I think I did well on my ASL test tonight. I really do enjoy ASL even though people confuse me sometimes when they gesticulate as I think they are about to sign something to me. I now think signs instead of words. The wonders of foreign language.

Self

No comments: